Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The USS Ronald Reagan


Here is a Great example of our Military at work. What would happen if you were on Vacation on a Cruise off the Baja Coast, and your Appendix Burst. The Cruise ship has no facilities to perform an emergency Appendectomy and your 250 miles from the nearest land (which happens to be Mexico) You would normally be screwed. Well that's what happened to a 14 year old girl from Illinois.
Lucky for her The USS Ronald Reagan was only 500 miles away. The Captain of the Cruise Ship she was on sent out a distress call that was answered by the US Aircraft Carrier, performing Training exercises off the Coast of San Diego. Within a few Hours (and a short Helo ride) she was safely on board the Reagan getting the surgery she needed to save her live.
I work Closely with the US Navy and I sometimes take for granted the extent of the capabilities of our Military. I've heard people talk about 'overspending', 'Cut backs', 'Downsizing', etc. when it comes to the Military. I don't think that the people who say those things really know what it takes to Build, Train, and Maintain the Greatest Military this world has ever known.
Anyways, I just think that this is an awesome story that I thought I would share with you guys. And Because of the hard work and quick thinking of the Captain and crew of the Cruise Ship and the USS Ronald Reagan, This Girl and her family will have a truly Happy and Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Dean said...

What..? No tits? I'm not sure if I like the direction this blog is currently heading in.